Do you have a question about Rimi Riga Marathon? Please view the frequantly asked questions below to find the answers. If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
(1) When will Rimi Riga Marathon 2020 take place?
The 30th anniversary marathon will take place on October 10th and 11th, 2020. The Kids’ Day and Family Run will take place on October 10th, while the 42 km, 21 km, 10 km and 6 km races will take place on October 11th. The EXPO will take place on October 9th and 10th.
Depending on event restrictions set by the government, the marathon will take place either adapted to the new normal or as a virtual event. We will run regardless of the coronavirus, and everyone who finishes on October 10th and 11th will receive a unique anniversary medal.
(2) What will happen on October 10th and 11th?
- If government restrictions on public events are lifted in time, we will prepare for the race to take place like every year: starting together by the Freedom Monument and finishing at the Embankment; new routes for all distances; unique medals; city streets closed to traffic; energy points and celebrations in the city.
- If restrictions are still in force on October 10th and 11th, we will implement the changes necessary for participant safety, such as staggered starts throughout the day to enable participants to keep their distance, limiting time spent in the starting corridors, and other similar measures.
- If the restrictions prevent a physical event from taking place, or if restrictions are not lifted in time, we are also ready for a virtual race. We will give people the chance to record their results using their phone or watch after registering and downloading their results using a specially-developed Rimi Riga Marathon app. In the case of a virtual run and/or restricted run, we do not exclude the possibility that we will be unable to provide water and energy points, music points, the EXPO, and other events that usually take place on the day of the marathon.
- If the boarders are still closed but the marathon takes place, foreign runners will be able to participate vitually by running in their hometown, sending us the results and receiving their medal via post.
Given the known restrictions, we assume that the marathon on October 10th and 11th will be a hybrid between a real, physical and virtual event. We must be open to various options.
The good news: whatever form it takes, the 30th anniversary Rimi Riga Marathon will take place on October 10th-11th in Riga with extra special anniversary medals for all who run on those dates. Depending on the restrictions, medals will be given at the finish line, at another set location, or via DPD courier.
(3) If I already registered for the 2020 marathon before the state of emergency, what do I have to do now?
You have three options, and you must choose one before June 12th:
- Take part in the Rimi Riga Marathon on October 10th and 11th! If you want to take part in the 30th anniversary marathon, go to your Rimi Riga Marathon registration profile and select Registration for October 10th-11th, 2020, bearing in mind that the marathon may be virtual or adapted to restrictions on public events if the government’s restrictions on public events are still in force or have not been lifted in time. Only those who take part in the 2020 Rimi Riga Marathon on October 10th-11th will win a special anniversary medal.
If you cannot take part in the marathon on the 10th and 11th October, you can:
- transfer your participation to the 2021 Rimi Riga Marathon, which will take place in May 2021. You can transfer at no additional cost.
- transfer your participation in the 2020 marathon to another runner together with all other purchases (official Nike t- shirt, SIS bundle and other services). The name change will take place at no additional cost.
(4) How and where do I make my selection?
Using the new registration platform, make your selection within your user profile by June 12th. You can access your new profile, which holds your participation information and details of other services, by clicking this link and following the instructions:
- Enter your profile using the email address you used to register for the event.
- Click Forgot your password? to receive a new password. Your previous one will not work in this system.
- Use the password you receive by email to enter your profile and make your selection.
If you are unable to access your profile and choose how you will participate, please fill in a problem registration form here. We will contact each applicant in the order the forms are received.
(5) What will happen if I do not make any changes to my profile by June 12th?
Those who registered for the 2020 Rimi Riga Marathon before the state of emergency came into force must change their profile (select one of the three options) in the Rimi Riga Marathon registration system by June 12th. If you have not changed your profile by this date, this means you have chosen to take part in the 2020 Rimi Riga Marathon on October 10th and 11th. Your participation will be transferred automatically to the new date. After June 12th, you will no longer be able to make any changes.
(6) What should I do if I have not yet registered for the 2020 Rimi Riga Marathon on October 10th-11th and wish to take part?
Registration for the 2020 Rimi Riga Marathon is open; you can register for all distances here.
(7) What will the participation fees be before the end of September?
Up until September 30th, we will keep the following participation fees:
- Kids’ Day Sprint Race 2 EUR
- Family Run 5 EUR
- 6 km race (under 18 years) 10 EUR
- 6 km race 18 EUR
- 10 km race 25 EUR
- Half Marathon 45 EUR
- Marathon distance 59 EUR
(8) Will I receive a refund on my participation?
In accordance with Rimi Riga Marathon regulations, participation fees which have already been paid will not be refunded. Based on the force majeure conditions which came into force when the state of emergency was announced on March 12th, 2020 and are still in force today, the initial date for the Rimi Riga Marathon was postponed. Participation fees have not been lost, they have been carried forward for the new event date—October 10th-11th—or participants may transfer their participation to the 2021 race or to another runner. This decision must be made by June 12th.
(9) What will happen to Kids’ Day registration?
All participants registered for the free Kids’ Day races will be transferred automatically to October 10th. If you cannot participate on October 10th, you do not have to do anything.
For those who have registered for the Family Run, all the aforementioned also applies: you can take part in the run on October 10th, transfer participation to another runner or to the 2021 Rimi Riga Marathon. Changes must be made in your profile on the Rimi Riga Marathon registration platform by June 12th.
(10) Will my participation be transferred?
If you choose to participate in the 30th season of the Rimi Riga Marathon, go to your Rimi Riga Marathon registration profile and select Registration for October 10th-11th, 2020. If you have not made any changes to your profile before June 12th, you have chosen to take part in the 30th anniversary celebration and your participation will be transferred to the new dates: October 10th and 11th.
(11) If I can’t make the race on October 10th-11th, can I transfer my participation to someone else?
Yes, this is possible and must be done by June 12th. Go to your profile on the Rimi Riga Marathon registration system and select Transfer participation to another runner for October 10th-11th, 2020. After June 12th, all participants who have made this choice in their profile will receive instructions on the next steps for changing personal details by email to the address indicated in the registration form.
(12) When I transfer my participation to someone else, can I change the distance?
Yes, this is possible. If the distance is less than the one originally selected, this service is free. If the distance is greater, there will be a fee of 25 Euro.
(13) If I can’t make it this autumn, can I transfer my participation to 2021?
Yes, participation in the marathon can be transferred to the 2021 Rimi Riga Marathon by June 12th. Go to your profile in the Rimi Riga Marathon registration system and select Postpone participation to 2021. Bear in mind that you will be unable to postpone your participation to 2021 after June 12th.
(14) When I registered, I purchased an extra (official Nike t-shirt, SIS bundle, DPD delivery), what will happen to those?
Any of the additional items you purchased will be automatically transferred according to your selected plan: the new Rimi Riga Marathon dates on October 10th and 11th, or the 2021 marathon. If you transfer your participation to someone else, all extras you purchased will be given to the new participant.
(15) What will happen to my donation to Movement for Movement?
All donations received at the time of registration will be given to the Children's Hospital Foundation after October 10th-11th 2020. If you postpone your participation to 2021 or transfer it to another person, the donation will not be transferred, and will be given to the Children's Hospital Foundation. If you transfer your participation to another participant, they will not have access to information on your donation.
(16) What will happen to my plane tickets?
Please contact the airline or travel agent who issued your tickets to see if you will be able to change the date. AirBaltic is offering its passengers the chance to change their flight date to as late as May 31st, 2021.
(17) What happens if I can’t travel to Latvia on the new marathon date?
All participants can transfer their participation to the 2021 marathon by June 12th by selecting this option in their Rimi Riga Marathon registration system profile.